Contract, Schedule, Payment Plan & Policies
This contract is effective upon the submission of a registration form for the duration of each semester.
I understand that registration in The Snyder Music Academy is a commitment of the teacher’s time for an entire semester and that the student (or parent) has a commitment to pay the fee in full. WITHDRAWING FROM A CLASS DOES NOT RELEASE ME FROM MY CONTRACT TO PAY THE TUITION IN FULL. Tuition may be paid in full or in four installments as stated below. A $20 registration fee is required with this application (unless you choose to pay in full) and is non-refundable.
- Option 1) PAYMENT IN FULL – cash, check, credit, or debit cards will be accepted.
- Option 2) INSTALLMENT PLAN – ONLY credit or debit cards will be accepted. The same credit or debit card used to pay the $20.00 registration fee will be billed four monthly payments (Fall: Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1, & Dec. 1) or five monthly payments (Spring: Jan. 1, Feb. 1, Mar. 1, Apr. 1, May 1) through an automated recurring billing cycle. Again, this will be the only option for using the installment plan.
Payments may be made online or in the office. If paying online, you may register on our website (music.snydermbc.com) and you will receive an invoice via email within a business day, which you must pay to secure a spot.
I further understand that all music and additional materials needed by the student are not included in the tuition and will be purchased separately at the direction of the teacher (exceptions: Kindermusik and Group Piano Classes). I understand that, shall my student be accompanied in the formal recital performance, I will be responsible for paying the appropriate accompanist fee before the day of the recital.
Fall 2022: August 29 – December 9
Monday, August 29 – Fall Semester BEGINS
Monday, September 5 – Closed for Labor Day
Thursday, October 27 – All Fall Recitals
Monday, November 21 – Make-Up Day for Sept. 5
Tuesday, Nov. 22-Friday, Nov. 25 – Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
Friday, December 9 – SMA Christmas Music & Dance in the Garden at Cape Fear Botanical Garden
Friday, December 9 – Fall Semester ENDS
Spring 2023: January 2 – May 12
Monday, January 2 – Spring Semester BEGINS
March 23 – World Piano Day Performance Opportunity: “Baroque Break”
April 10-April 14 – CLOSED for Spring Break
April 28 – 4th Friday Performance Opportunity: “Movies & Musicals Show Tunes”
Friday, May 12 – Spring Semester ENDS
May 18 & May 19 – Spring Recitals
May 21 – Honors Recital
Policies and Procedures
- PAYMENT IN FULL – cash, check, credit, or debit cards will be accepted at the time of registration.
- INSTALLMENT PLAN – ONLY credit or debit cards will be accepted. The same credit or debit card used to pay the $20.00 registration fee will be billed four monthly payments, (Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1, & Dec. 1) through an automated recurring billing cycle. Payments may be made online or in the office. You may register and pay on our website at https://music.snydermbc.com.
Inclement Weather Policy: Please read carefully. The Snyder Music Academy will observe the following closing policy:
- If the Cumberland County Schools are closed to students, our program will not meet,
- If the Cumberland County Schools are on a delayed schedule, our program will operate on normal schedule.
- Early release: If the Cumberland County Schools release students early due to inclement weather, please check with teacher prior to coming to lesson. Each teacher will decide whether lessons will be conducted based on the current weather conditions, and any lessons missed due to that decision will be made up at a time set by the individual teacher.
Tornado WARNING: In the event of a Tornado WARNING, instructors will stop instruction and immediately evacuate student(s) to one of the downstairs hallways away from windows and glass until the warning is over.
Our program will meet every week, except as noted above, regardless of school holidays or teacher workdays.
Policies concerning absences of students from a class:
- There will be no makeup offered when missing a group class.
- If a student misses a lesson without prior notification to the teacher, no makeup will be offered.
- An attempt will be made to make up a lesson in the case of illness or family emergency if the teacher is notified at least six hours or more prior to the lesson. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the teacher if a lesson is to be missed for any reason. If the teacher cannot be reached, the student should notify the Music Academy Office at 910-484-1041. It will be best to notify the teacher directly since most are here only in the afternoon or early evening. Each teacher should give his or her students a contact number.
- If a teacher misses a class, he or she will see that the lesson is made up before the end of the semester.
- Please make every effort to be on time for your lessons or classes. All of the teachers are on a very tight schedule and can only give the time allotted for each student. Please do not expect them to go beyond your lesson time if you are late getting to a lesson.
Parking and Entering the Building
- Please DO NOT park in the driveway at anytime. This is an emergency fire lane.
- Please DO NOT park in the areas designated for the Snyder Memorial Baptist Church Buses.
- Use either of the parking lots on the south (left) side of the building to park.
- Please use the following instructions for entering the building each week for your lesson. As you face the church on Westmont Drive, please use the entrance under the covered portico to the left of the sanctuary. You will be entering through our children’s building. Take the hallway to your right for lessons on the 1st floor (Room #s: B1021-B1063). The elevator is straight ahead for lessons on the 2nd floor (Room #s: A2005 / B2007-B2041 / C2050-C2053).
Fall 2022 Payment Schedule
14-week semester (August 29-December 9, 2022)
*Credit or Debit card will be charged on:
|Type of Lesson||Total Amount Due||Amount Due on *9/1/22||Amount Due on *10/1/22||Amount Due on *11/1/22||Amount Due on *12/1/22|
|Music for Little Mozarts||$282.00||$70.50||$70.50||$70.50||$70.50|